Forward care is evidence-based, focused on prevention and improvement. Set goals and collaborate for better health.
- Connect Your Biometrics Sensors
- Receive your Sensor Kit
- Record measurements in the app
- Review insights together with your doctor
- Complete Your Labs at Home
- Schedule your at-home blood draw with a lab specialist
- Receive comprehensive results
- Create a Personalized Plan During Your Baseline Visit
- Discuss your health goals and concerns
- Review your biometrics and lab results
- Develop a personalized, preventive plan
- Answer Questions In-App for Insights on Your Mental Health
- Answer a short series of questions in-app
- Receive a measure for anxiety and depression
- Partner with your doctor on your results
- Customize Your Plan Based on Your Genetics
- Receive your Genetics Kit
- Review the results with your doctor
- Update your plan to address your risks
- See Your Doctor In Person for a Custom Follow Up Visit
- Request an in-person visit in the app
- Review your progress with your doctor
- Complete a physical exam and diagnostics
- Assess Your Skin Cancer Risk
- Complete a physical exam of your skin
- Capture high-definition images of any moles or blemishes
- Discuss your skin health and cancer risks with your doctor
- Receive a Message From Your Doctor to Update Your Plan
- Your doctor will check-in regularly
- Update your doctor on progress and goals
- Ask questions, anytime from anywhere
- Develop Nutrition Goals Based on Recurring Labs
- Review your latest labs with your doctor
- Develop a nutrition plan for targeted results
- Measure progress with future labs
Forward Healthcare differs from a conventional primary care clinic in several, generally good ways.
Most importantly, they stress PREVENTATIVE care. Blood tests that monitor diabetes, metabolic syndrome, and anemia are done regularly, since they have a laboratory on premises. They have their own EMR (electronic medical record) platform, and their own telemedicine platform, which are downloaded on the initial visit.
They give out a “sensor kit” consisting of temperature monitor, Pulse-oximetry, and a BP monitor, which wirelessly sends information to medical records.
Telemedicine is available through their own Downloaded platform. Although I get the impression that Telehealth isn’t as central as I would have expected in a technology oriented operation, it is increasingly important.
The monthly membership fee of $149 pays for the above and unlimited Doctor Availability 24/7 without copay.
Concierge Medicine has the monthly/yearly fee and unlimited access, but has a copay. Both will utilize your insurance, and neither treats patients in the hospital or provides referral care.
Government Health care is coming, and with it longer waiting times, shorter Doctor interaction times, and probably less time for Preventative Health Care.
Systems like Forward Health and Concierge Medicine will be the upper tier of a 2-tier system.
Proactive attention to Health in my opinion is essential in the future if we are to have a healthy nation, and not “bankrupt the system”. Telehealth is growing in importance, and offers help in making medical expertise more convenient, widely available and for less cost.
I am happy to see progressive Systems like Forward Health offer a preventative option to the present, broken, reverse-incentivized, fee-for-service System.